Do you want to learn how to build https://tee-phrases.thirdtrio.com.au/ using .NET Core MVC with Umbraco Headless?
On the 7th of August 2018 (Tuesday) at 6 PM, I will be presenting (tutorial style) at the Melbourne Umbracian Meetup on how to do that.
Please confirm your attendance at https://www.meetup.com/Australian-Umbraco-Meetups/events/249881087/ (even if you are joining in remotely).
Make sure you have the following prerequisites if you intend on joining us and making the best use of everyone's time.
- Sign up for Umbraco Headless & create a headless project
You can find instructions at umbraco.com/headless. Keep your CMS empty. We will populate content as we do our Tutorial.
- Install .NET Core 2.1 on your machine
You can install it from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-core/2.1
Still not sure? You can check it using the instructions here.
- Have you installed the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code?
I've got VS2017 (v15.7.5) and VS Code (v1.25.1) running on my machine. I will be mainly using VS2017 for this tutorial though.
- Have you installed a Git Client you are comfortable with?
You will need to pull changes and switch branches. I will be using Git bash, but you are free to use whatever Git client you favour.
- Have you forked the tutorial/demo code from the Github repo?https://github.com/emmanueltissera/umbraco-headless-demo
Your First Task
You need to complete the following task before 6 PM on the 7th of August 2018.
- Fork or pull from https://github.com/emmanueltissera/umbraco-headless-demo
- Get the latest local copy of the master branch
- Open & Run TeePhrase.sln using either VS 2017 or VS Code
- Make sure you see the following screen:
The first Screen you should see
See you at the meetup
This article was originally written on Google's Blogger platform and ported to Hashnode on 17 Sep 2022.